Secure authentication change password form?

asked 2013-10-20 16:15:48 +0800

davout gravatar image davout
1435 3 18

I have ZK web app that is using Spring Security to control access to the main UI functionality. For the log-in process I'm using an 'ExceptionMappingAuthenticationFailureHandler' bean to control where various authentication failures are directed. For a situation where a user's credentials have expired I am redirecting them to a web form found at '\new_password.zul' where they can enter the old and new passwords.

How can I secure access to this '\newpassword.zul' web form? I don't want somebody typing this in as a URL and gaining access directly. I want access to the '\newpassword.zul' form to be restricted solely to situations where it has been redirected from '\index.zul'. Any suggestions?

The Spring Security configuration is shown below:

<beans:bean id="loginExceptionTranslationFilter"
    class="org.springframework.security.web.authentication.ExceptionMappingAuthenticationFailureHandler">
    <beans:property name="exceptionMappings">
        <beans:props>
            <beans:prop key="org.springframework.security.authentication.CredentialsExpiredException">/new_password.zul</beans:prop>
            <beans:prop key="org.springframework.security.authentication.BadCredentialsException">/login.zul</beans:prop>
            <beans:prop
                key="org.springframework.security.authentication.LockedException">/locked.zul</beans:prop>
                key="org.springframework.security.authentication.AccountExpiredException">/tenantDisabled.zul</beans:prop>
                key="org.springframework.security.authentication.DisabledException">/userDisabled.zul</beans:prop>
        </beans:props>
    </beans:property>
</beans:bean>

<http>
    <intercept-url pattern="/view/page/user_template_default.zul" access="ROLE_USER" />
    <intercept-url pattern="/view/page/tenancy_management.zul" access="ROLE_SYSTEM_ADMIN" />
    <intercept-url pattern="/index.zul" access="ROLE_USER" />
    <anonymous username="guest" granted-authority="ROLE_GUEST" />
    <remember-me key="jourdan" />
    <form-login login-page="/login.zul"
        authentication-failure-handler-ref="loginExceptionTranslationFilter" />
    <logout invalidate-session="true" logout-success-url="/index.zul" />
</http>
delete flag offensive retag edit

Comments

You can try put "new_password.zul" under WEB-INF folder.

vincentjian ( 2013-10-21 02:18:32 +0800 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2013-10-23 17:07:00 +0800

davout gravatar image davout
1435 3 18

I found a way of persisting authentication state in the authentication exception handling class.

Using that approach the 'new password' form can only be accessed if state is in a specific condition, otherwise the code redirects the user back to the login form.

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2013-10-20 16:15:48 +0800

Seen: 22 times

Last updated: Oct 23 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training