STS 3.3.0, ZK Studio Activation

asked 2013-09-20 17:09:39 +0800

TomHunter gravatar image TomHunter
21 2

My company paid you guys $7,000 for licenses to ZK. We got our initial logins for the team and then discovered that we had to create yet another account for our Maven repo to proxy into your Maven repo.

Now I am finding the exquisite agony that is trying to activate my copy of ZK Studio.

Could you actually try to provide some easy mechanism to do this? Why is every other company in the world able to just make a straight forward activation while ZK forces us to configure a proxy and nowhere that I can find explains how that proxy should be configured. For the amount of money we paid you, we should be getting gold-plated service rather than random error messages with no relationship to the problem we're facing.

delete flag offensive retag edit

5 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2013-09-21 09:19:50 +0800

jeanher gravatar image jeanher
1824 2 6
ZK Team

Hello TomHunter,

I am sorry you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events. As an Enterprise Package customer you are supported by our customer support window, in case that you have any question in using ZK you can always email to the support window or your sales and we will try to support you at the soonest.

We tried to make the process of ZK Studio Activation simple but depending on the platform or network you are using some settings may be required. If you were using STS then encrypt/decrypt library must be signed by trusted source. This is documented here: http://books.zkoss.org/wiki/ZKStudioEssentials/Installation#Trouble_Shooting

Alternatively you can simply skip the activation process. All functionalities will be available even if you skip this process. I hope this can help you to move forward. I will also have our customer support to follow you up on our next business day.

Jean, The ZK Team

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2013-09-22 00:21:00 +0800

21 2

updated 2013-09-22 00:22:34 +0800

Jean, Thank you for bothering to reply. I am using STS 3.3.0, not STS 2.6.0. So, this just means--on top of my other issues that I have to deal with--I have to invent a new way to solve this problem. And ignoring it is not really an option since the ZK Studio asks to be activated every 10 minutes. During an 8 hour day of coding, that adds up to a lot of aggravation.

So, while I thank you for pointing me to that page--which the activation message already had--it really does not help me since I'm on a much-different version of STS. So, back to the frustration of Inventing a new way to solve this problem or dealing with an every-ten-minute annoyance--after we paid $7,000 and have already had a round of annoyances already.

Thanks anyway.

answered 2013-09-23 10:19:14 +0800

jeanher gravatar image jeanher
1824 2 6
ZK Team

Hi TomHunter,

The security setting described in the trouble shooting section works with STS 2.6 "and later", including STS 3.3.0. Sorry for the wording confusion, we have updated the document.

Meanwhile our supporting staff will follow you up to about the 10-minute alert, you should be hearing from them soon.

Sincerely, Jean

answered 2013-09-23 13:10:47 +0800

21 2

Jean, Again, thank you for bothering to reply to me.

After I have entered my credentials that should have been enough to activate the ZK Studio, an error message comes up informing me that I have to go through the separate activation of the BouncyCastle crypo lib. (That make me nervous because I do not know if that action will break something else in my workspace.)

But what I find most disturbing is this. The activation dialog that pops up? It contains an embedded link that allegedly will tell me how to solve the problem. Now, one would expect that a ZK product would host its own error messages--but no. The ZK Studio activation message leads me to a page on "randombugs.com". [randombugs.com/java/javalangsecurityexception-jce-authenticate-provider-bc.html]

Please tell me, after we dropped $7,000 on the ZK Studio artifacts, doesn't ZK have enough cash left over to host its own error messages? This is the first sentence of the post referenced: "Trying to integrate BouncyCastle Cryptography provider in Java can be a nightmare. I read a lot of forums messages about “JCE cannot authenticate the provider BC” and I didn’t find any clear response" GREAT. THANK YOU, ZK.

answered 2013-09-23 13:23:46 +0800

21 2

I received the following contradictory error when I followed the steps in that randombugs.com site:

"Your username or password is invalid.

We will retain your old valid ZK account."

Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2013-09-20 17:09:39 +0800

Seen: 37 times

Last updated: Sep 23 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training