Event thread is dead long live event thread

asked 2013-07-03 17:15:53 +0800

motti gravatar image motti

Since zk 5.0 the use of event thread has been "discouraged" but still supported. We're heavily using event thread on our applications, so the question is: is there any plan to depracate/eliminate it?

We're moving from zk 5.0 to zk 6.5, along side we're making some structural decision like the one to leave the event thread, we need to understand how important this migration is and if is it worth the thing?

Any similar experience on big projects?

delete flag offensive retag edit

2 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2013-07-17 11:51:25 +0800

jimmyshiau gravatar image jimmyshiau
4921 5
http://www.zkoss.org/ ZK Team

Hi motti,

Since ZK5, the Event Threads is disabled by default, you need to update the following implement

1. Modal window: it will not stop the servlet thread.
  2. Messagebox: you need to add a callback listener for handle user click ok/cancel button.
  3. File upload: you need to add a callback listener for handle the file that user upload.

for more detail, please refer to Event Threads

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2013-07-24 11:39:55 +0800

motti gravatar image motti

Thank you so much Jimmy. By the way I knew about how to implement a no-EventThread solution.

My concern was about zk team strategy about it, will it be supported for long? Or will it slowly disapear?

To make it not default sounds to me like a sort of deprecation.

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
2 followers

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2013-07-03 17:15:53 +0800

Seen: 21 times

Last updated: Jul 24 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training