Excessive Session Size: AnnotateBinder

asked 2013-05-16 16:07:33 +0800

demichev gravatar image demichev
0 2

Hello All,

We're currently experiencing a problem with memory utilization while using ZK 6.5.1.1 as our primary UI framework. Our application has around 16 dynamic screens with 10-30 edit boxes/controls on each screen. We set <max-desktops-per-session>1</max-desktops-per-session> to reduce memory footprint for our application but still I can see around 34Mb of data attached to each Http Session.

When I start drilling down to understand what do we have in these 34 megs I found that majority of the space is allocated for 2 AnnotateBinders that are 17 megs each.

So I have 3 questions if you allow: 1. Why ZK keeps binders in session (why can't it generate a binder for each screen independently)? 2. If there's any setting that will tell ZK to generate binders for each screen separately? 3. Is there any way to limit or reduce the size of these binders?

Thank you in advance

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-02-03 21:26:36 +0800

thiagofraga gravatar image thiagofraga

I have a similar problem. One thing I noticed running psi probe, is that the large object in the session is a SimpleSession object. For each new page I open, the size goes up, but once I close the page, the size remains the same. I can't figure out what's on this SimpleSession that makes it so large. Once I ran it up to 2GBs, so I'm no sure if probe is even reading it right. I'm running ZK 6.0.2 with the AfterCompose implementation.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2013-07-22 10:26:59 +0800

pdifeo gravatar image pdifeo

I have the same problem and question.

For a test report scenario, I have created a simple application with maven archetype zk-archetype-webapp and I have installated psi-probe (http://psi-probe.googlecode.com/) under tomcat 7.

The size of each session is about 78MB. Very strange.

What's up with hundred clients ?

Regards Pasquale

answered 2013-06-27 10:13:02 +0800

benbai gravatar image benbai
2228 6
http://www.zkoss.org

It is hard to tell how to reduce memory consumption in your scenario since this depends on your implementation.

Is there a listbox with a huge ListModel, a huge amount of components, both of them or etc?

A runnable sample that can reproduce (and describe) this issue would be a great help.

Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
2 followers

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2013-05-16 16:07:33 +0800

Seen: 34 times

Last updated: Feb 03 '15

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training