Is ZK good for retail website? [closed]

asked 2013-05-09 10:12:51 +0800

vusumzi gravatar image vusumzi
3 1

Hi guys, I'm opening a small clothing shop. Would it be a good idea to develop a "catalog" clothing website with ZK that clients can login to and view latest products, discounted products, integrate with social networks? I though of using prestashop or opencart but they are too much for what I want and need.

Your help and suggestions are greatly appreciatted in this urgent matter

delete flag offensive retag edit

The question has been closed for the following reason "the question is answered, right answer was accepted" by sjoshi
close date 2013-05-14 06:07:31

3 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2013-05-11 21:46:43 +0800

rdgrimes gravatar image rdgrimes
735 7

Yes, it would be a good choice, but I advise against it, in spite of being a ZK fan. When the company I work for wanted a small shopping cart application for memorabilia, I explored an in-house development effort versus a ready-made solution. I opted for the latter, simply because I could not develop it with as many features for a price that could compete with a 3rd party company where that's all they do. Take Smart Cart (see link), for example. It's what we use and have been extremely pleased. For between $25 to $70 per month to run your shopping cart, you just can't beat it - especially when you consider they handle virtually every payment method out there. At that price, I don't see how anyone can develop a shopping cart app for less with comparable features.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2013-05-13 02:25:19 +0800

hawk gravatar image hawk
3250 1 5
http://hawkphoenix.blogsp... ZK Team

Maybe you can browse Case Studies to look for similar cases.

answered 2013-05-13 11:14:30 +0800

vusumzi gravatar image vusumzi
3 1

Thanks guys for your reply, its much appreciatted. @rdgrimes: Currently I don't want to implement the "cart" implementation where uses can make payments on the website but I only want to display the products info(prices, pictures, discounts, sales), general store info and allow client's to post complaints and compliments about the kind of service they had from staff at the physical(brick and mortar) store that we have at the physical store.

@Hawk: Thanks for your suggestion. Will look more closely but didn't find anything that applied to my need.

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2013-05-09 10:12:51 +0800

Seen: 47 times

Last updated: May 13 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training