Unable to print Zk Developer's Reference

asked 2013-04-10 12:33:40 +0800

soulsacrifire gravatar image soulsacrifire
15 1
http://www.sarzano.com/

Hi guys, I'm not able to print the Developer's Reference. After the spool phase I've got this error: Unable to print.

Have you got any suggestions?

Tia.

delete flag offensive retag edit

Comments

I got this same error and am unable to print it.

dougraider ( 2013-04-22 15:26:55 +0800 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2013-05-09 22:52:07 +0800

dougraider gravatar image dougraider
16 1

Hi, Tia, this is Doug again. Nancy Lin at Zkoss.org showed me where this question had been answered previously on the zk forum. Basically, you need to download "Foxit", a PDF reader and it has no trouble printing the document. I downloaded it and it worked okay for me.

I'll printout the reference here below.

Good luck

Doug Bell [email protected]

Regarding the developer's reference printing issue, please use Foxit PDF Reader instead www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/ you can refer to this discussion thread: forum.zkoss.org/question/74956/cant-print-the-zk-essentials-pdf/

Regarding the developer's reference printing issue, please use Foxit PDF Reader instead www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/ you can refer to this discussion thread: forum.zkoss.org/question/74956/cant-print-the-zk-essentials-pdf/ This is the title of the answer to the question

cant print the zk essentials pdf!

updated Mar 25 '12 This is not the first thread avout it! What's the problem to upload a new and correct pdf ?? updated Mar 26 '12 Hi, Please use Foxit PDF Reader instead. It prints the file correctly. www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/ We are still looking for why Adobe reader can't print it, but no luck so far. Regards, Ben answered Mar 26 '12 Hey everyone, Unfortunately the solution is not as simple as uploading a new PDF file, if it was we would already have a working version of it in place. The issue lies with the system that we use to generate the PDFs from our documentation. We make use of mwlib from the command-line to output the PDF file. The error that you have identified is one that happens on other wikis as well (I assume as you get up to a certain level of complexity) and is very hard to track and then fix. The assumption is that there is some item on page 15 that causes the issue though I have tried to render the individual pages and they print well. If we can track down the problem in the wiki markup (no mean feat) we can probably get somewhere with the issue, but even then the actual PDF rendering is out of our hands, the only thing we could do is avoid that wiki markup that causes the problem. Even then it isn't clear whether it is just one item or a combination of items which causes the problem as so far it only seems to affect the ZK Essentials. So far tracking it down and then eliminating has proven a problem but if anyone wants to lend some time to the problem and succeeds in tracking it down please let me know I would be delighted to speak to you via email. We will keep working on this but as you can all appreciate this is something which is hard to fix.

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
2 followers

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2013-04-10 12:33:40 +0800

Seen: 21 times

Last updated: May 09 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training