ZK with Websphere Application Server and RSA - Timeout on Any Event

asked 2012-12-23 15:36:57 +0800

dpesic gravatar image dpesic

Hi everybody,

I have started working with ZK recently. I really like the framework but I am having a lot of problems in configuring it to work correctly with Websphere Application Server v8.0. Namely, I am developing an EJB application with accessing the database via JPA entities and using the ZK framework for GUI. I am developing the application using the Rational Software Architect 8.5.

When I start working on a fresh ZK project in a fresh workspace and server profile everything seems to be working correctly. However, after some time I start having strange problems. I think the problem occurs in the moment when ZK tries to initialize my ViewModel class. I do not get any exceptions or errors, but get the timeout message in my browser: "The page or component you request is no longer available. This is normally caused by timeout, opening too many Web pages, or rebooting
the server."

My ViewModel initializes by resolving the EJB bean I am using for business logic. That normally works, but as I said, after working for some time on the project, or after restarting my computer the ViewModel object cannot get initialized and the timeout error appears no matter what I do (when ZK tries to bind a variable or when I fire an event needed to be handled by my ViewModel. As before, I do not get any additional errors or exceptions.

Has anybody already had this problem? Is there a solution? Can I change the configuration of my server or ZK to avoid this problem?

delete flag offensive retag edit

4 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2012-12-25 06:16:48 +0800

vincentjian gravatar image vincentjian
2245 6

Hi, please post your ViewModel class and ZUL page.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2016-01-09 03:50:05 +0800

BITUN gravatar image BITUN

Hi, I have deployed ZK 8.0 Sandbox application in IBM webSphere Application Server 8.5 and getting the same issue. Any event is getting timed out.

Is there any workaround on this ?

answered 2016-01-10 15:06:41 +0800

Darksu gravatar image Darksu
1991 1 4

Hello BITUN,

Please refer to the following in order to configure your session via the zk.xml

http://books.zkoss.org/wiki/ZKConfigurationReference/zk.xml/Thesession-configElement

If it does not work could you try setting the following in your zk.xml?

<system-config> 
   <cache-provider-class>org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.GlobalDesktopCacheProvider</cache-provider-class> 
</system-config>

Best Regards,

Darksu

answered 2016-12-08 02:43:44 +0800

BITUN gravatar image BITUN

Hi Darksu,

Sorry for the late response. I tried all of these, but in vain. Can you put any light in it ?

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
2 followers

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2012-12-23 15:36:57 +0800

Seen: 97 times

Last updated: Dec 08 '16

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training