Poor performance in resource loading...of css and javascript files of zkau javascript client engine

asked 2012-11-18 10:21:22 +0800

nmpallas gravatar image nmpallas
115 4
http://nmpallas.wordpress...

Hi guys,

being back after long time,currently I am exploring the optimization of loading resources of zkoss.I have tried everything and managed to minimize the requests for
a simple entry login page from 15 -> 6 optimal but set back to 9 which is already something.But I am very disappointed and currently I am thinking dropping out of the
framework because according to firebug and chrome...the response time is downgraded because the zk.wcs and zk.wpd take 5 secs of the 7 to load the first simple
login form web page.I could attach and image if would be possible but it's not.My thought now is to go back to pur HTML5 and bootstrap configuration for the ui, since
nowadays they offer most of the components we would like to use.Does the devel team have any thoughts on optimizing that.On the other hand I am planing on deploying the project on a more "powerfull" machine...with i5 cpus...but that's not the answer a dual core Intel Core2Duo should be sufficient to do stuff.Any thoughts
on that aspect?

regards
\n\m

delete flag offensive retag edit

5 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2012-11-21 08:40:00 +0800

nmpallas gravatar image nmpallas
115 4
http://nmpallas.wordpress...

So everyone things that zk is behaving optimal?In terms of loading/response times?

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2012-11-21 09:35:02 +0800

Bobzk gravatar image Bobzk
444 1 8

You may not have had answers because you might need to provide a bit more information. Tuning and/or performance monitoring is as much an art as a science but as a start, the more information the better.

Are you ZK 3, 5 or 6? Response times local or remote? Network speed? Test PC/Laptop model/speed etc. Server Speed etc.

But having said all the above, we get response times of well under a second for a simple logon screen on a local network using not particularly state of the art hardware.

So I am very very surprised at your 5 seconds just for loading zk.wcs and zk.wpd. To me there seems to be something seriously wrong. Are you using Tomcat? Has it enough memory? We don't get that sort of bad response remotely over ADSL either.

Regards,

Bobzk

answered 2012-11-21 13:43:26 +0800

gekkio gravatar image gekkio flag of Finland
899 1
http://gekkio.fi/blog

I agree with Bobzk. Five second load time definitely tells us that something is very wrong.
My production app loads zk.wcs and zk.wpd in under 300 ms on a good internet connection, and the browser will cache those files which will further reduce the page load latency.

answered 2015-02-02 04:24:13 +0800

ChavitoDel8 gravatar image ChavitoDel8

I'm having exactly the same problem.. even enabling gzip compression in the app server.. here some numbers: size (gziped) 123 kb time 1.39 s and my index.zul 110 ms.. the version im actually using its 7.0.1

answered 2015-02-02 04:25:05 +0800

ChavitoDel8 gravatar image ChavitoDel8

all about zk.wpd file..

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2012-11-18 10:21:22 +0800

Seen: 109 times

Last updated: Feb 02 '15

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting