0

Using ZK first time - raw ZUL renders in the browser

asked 2012-11-08 19:07:27 +0800

mchandler gravatar image mchandler
15

Hi there,

I'm using ZK for the first time. I'm attempting to integrate it into a project that uses Spring, with Maven for dependency management. When I deploy to Tomcat and browse to my hello world script in the root at hello.zul, I see the XML rendered to the screen instead of the ZK UI that I'm expecting. I have confirmed that Maven has downloaded the dependencies and my environment does have them in the WEB-INF/lib directory. These are my dependencies:

<!-- ZK Framework -->
	<dependency>
      <groupId>org.zkoss.zk</groupId>
      <artifactId>zkplus</artifactId>
      <version>${org.zkoss.zk.version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.zkoss.zk</groupId>
      <artifactId>zhtml</artifactId>
      <version>${org.zkoss.zk.version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.zkoss.zk</groupId>
      <artifactId>zkbind</artifactId>
      <version>${org.zkoss.zk.version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.zkoss.zk</groupId>
      <artifactId>zul</artifactId>
      <version>${org.zkoss.zk.version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-io</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-io</artifactId>
      <version>1.3.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
      <version>2.4</version>
    </dependency>

And in the root of my web content directory, I have hello.zul as follows:

<window title="My First ZK Application" border="normal">
   Hello World!
</window>

Nevertheless, it does not appear to work.

Does anyone have any advice or some pointers on where I should start looking?

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2012-11-08 20:35:11 +0800

mchandler gravatar image mchandler
15

RESOLVED: I was using a 2.5 deployment descriptor without realizing it. I added the servlet mappings in the web.xml and everything worked. I then removed them and updated to a 3.0 deployment descriptor and everything was still working.

Oops!

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2012-11-08 19:07:27 +0800

Seen: 128 times

Last updated: Nov 08 '12

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting
  • Outsourcing
Learn More