Is there an enterprise level solution for using ZK with Grails?

asked 2012-10-12 16:29:43 +0800

mickey13 gravatar image mickey13
18 3

With ZK offering "ZK Spring" and "ZK JSP", I feel like there should be another offering like a "ZK Grails" or "ZK GSP" product. I'm aware of two plugins that try to fill this gap (ZKGrails, ZKUI), but they don't seem close to an enterprise level solution. In fact, it seems that some commercial vendors that rely on the ZKGrails plugin use version 1 of that plugin, which to the best of my understanding immediately limits them to using Grails 1.x, and ZK 5.x. In my opinion this was done as ZKGrails version 2.x doesn't support some of the functionality that ZKGrails version 1.x supports, such as embedding ZK into GSPs which would facilitate leveraging Grails CRUDiness. People starting a project with Grails and ZK in their technology stack that want to leverage Grails's CRUD scaffolding would be required to start work in non-current releases of two major frameworks, which is a mistake in my opinion. So if there was an official ZK product for this, I think it would be very helpful. Does anyone know if this is in the works or not? Thanks.

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2012-10-14 02:15:43 +0800

sjoshi gravatar image sjoshi flag of India
3493 1 8
http://zkframeworkhint.bl...

It will good if you will ask to ZK team directly..Please use this link they will answer you.

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2012-10-12 16:29:43 +0800

Seen: 152 times

Last updated: Oct 14 '12

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting