stand-alone application

asked 2012-10-07 16:25:53 +0800

czynga gravatar image czynga

I'm thinking about desktop application and I'm aware that ZK is not meant for that, but is it even possible to somehow combine ZK + web server + simple application so that it's distributed as one installation package or application?

I guess it's more of a general question and not ZK specific.. did anybody succeeded doing something like that or does is sound like nonsense? :)

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2012-12-05 21:48:17 +0800

orfen gravatar image orfen

Hello czynga
I use maven, so when I run the command

mvn package
zk among other dependencies are copied to WEB-INF/lib folder inside the war file, after that installing in servers like jetty, glassfish or tomcat is easy.

You maybe refering to create your own package containing everything including zk and your own app, if that is the case this tutorial [1] may help you.
So in resume:
1. embed jetty in your app
2. add zk jars
3. add your own classes or jar files.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Tutorial/Embedding_Jetty

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2012-12-06 02:09:36 +0800

czynga gravatar image czynga

orfen I didn't go through this tutorial just yet, but it looks that it's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

answered 2014-03-25 18:12:09 +0800

JonS gravatar image JonS

Hello czynga,

I too would be very interested in what you did, e.g. a recipe or better yet a full example.

combine ZK + web server + simple application so that it's distributed as one installation package or application

Thanks

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2012-10-07 16:25:53 +0800

Seen: 180 times

Last updated: Mar 25 '14

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting