Performance Statistics? [closed]

asked 2012-09-04 21:10:32 +0800

rdgrimes gravatar image rdgrimes
735 7

Are there any performance statistics available for the ZK framework so that we can capacity plan? I'm looking for load statistics that might indicate something on the order of..., given a ZK app with a page containing 'n' components, and a server of 'x' configuration, the server and the ZK framework was able to handle 'y' number of concurrent sessions.

Ron

delete flag offensive retag edit

The question has been closed for the following reason "the question is answered, right answer was accepted" by rdgrimes
close date 2013-01-26 03:24:10

3 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2012-09-14 15:08:03 +0800

rdgrimes gravatar image rdgrimes
735 7

Thanks, ashishd. I appreciate the feedback.

Also, a member of the ZK team was kind enough to send me a couple documents on this subject. Quite impressive performance actually. My concern was, given the client-fusion architecture, that its "chattiness" between widget and component might cause some problems. We've been working on a ZK project for close to a year now, but have yet to deploy anything. So, I'm a bit anxious about performance and capacity in live production.

Ron

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2012-09-14 03:18:02 +0800

ashishd gravatar image ashishd flag of Taiwan
1972 6

Hi Ron, as you might already know loading on server is highly dependent on the nature and design/architecture of application, but for what it is worth, one of our large scale customers has deployed quad-core CPU with 2 jvm (1 for UI and 1 for business logic) to serve 300 concurrent users per server. Please keep in mind that their application is a huge portal with tens if not hundreds of screens/pages and serves hundreds of thousands end users.

Also you could take a look at our "Perform stress test on ZK using JMeter-take Shopping Cart as an example" smalltalk and load/stress test your own application to get a better understanding of your application performance requirement.

answered 2012-09-20 08:01:30 +0800

ashishd gravatar image ashishd flag of Taiwan
1972 6

Well, communication between Widget (client) and component (server) is quite optimized. Unless you have event listeners registered for the component there wouldn't be any extra client-server communication. Have a look at ZK Performance Tips. You might find something useful there in case you haven't seen them before. Let us know if you see any specific bottlenecks, we would be happy to provide some suggestion.

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2012-09-04 21:10:32 +0800

Seen: 273 times

Last updated: Sep 20 '12

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting