Retaining a submitted form value on zk

asked 2012-05-30 06:23:34 +0800

vigneshsk gravatar image vigneshsk

Hi,

I ve a page where user drags and drops images and save them. It is saved in java objects. When the next button is hit the user is navigated to next page and form submission happens. My doubt here is when we hit back button can we maintain the form details that were submitted previously.

Can anyone help me out!

Thanks.

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2012-06-03 10:16:15 +0800

benbai gravatar image benbai
2228 6
http://www.zkoss.org

Hi,

Do you mean keep the saved status after hit back button?
And is the back button is 'browsers' back button here?

Regards,
Ben

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2012-06-04 04:35:29 +0800

vigneshsk gravatar image vigneshsk

Ya ben, you are right. I wanna keep the saved status when i click browser's back button after submitting a form and navigated to a page.

answered 2012-06-04 09:00:19 +0800

iantsai gravatar image iantsai
2755 1

You can do that by saving your bean in session and look it up every time you come to this page, but this might cause several issues:
1. you'll need to find a way to clean it up from session and limit it's size. otherwise if the image is huge, say 4MB per session, your server side memory consumption will terribly high.
2. if there's any opportunity that user may want to open two browsers for this page, how to separate them? this also happened in page based web development, you'll need to introduce conversation scope into ZK through constant request parameter or hidden form strategy.

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2012-05-30 06:23:34 +0800

Seen: 153 times

Last updated: Jun 04 '12

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting