Very strange issue with themes

asked 2012-05-28 01:20:57 +0800

wnederhof gravatar image wnederhof
33 2

Hi all,

For the past few years I have been working on a project using ZK with great fun and finally next week the project will be done (we hope)!

As we are now moving our project from a virtual dedicated (development) server to a dedicated server, I am experiencing a strange problem.

The project uses the Breeze theme which had always worked. Now, on our new server it shows the web application with the blue theme in Internet Explorer, while displaying the application with the Breeze theme when using Google Chrome!! I am still using ZK 5. I tried the webapp on another computer and delete the cookies, but unfortunately without luck. I also tried to re-upload the .war file and restart tomcat, etc. Yet, when I run the same webapp locally or on the virtual dedicated server (which do not have the settings I am describing below), it works fine.

The server is an Ubuntu server with just Tomcat and MySQL (no Apache HTTP server) installed, where we rerouted the ports 80 to 8080 and 8443 to 443 using iptables and the .war file has been deployed as ROOT.war, so it becomes the root application. Further more, I changed the tomcat web.xml and server.xml files to reroute incoming requests from 8080 to 443.

Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Wouter

delete flag offensive retag edit

2 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2012-05-28 04:13:09 +0800

jumroen gravatar image jumroen

Try this code, it will print current theme & available themes, made you know the configuration of the system.

org.zkoss.zkplus.theme.Themes.setTheme(Executions.getCurrent(), "silvertail");
System.out.println("Current theme = " + org.zkoss.zkplus.theme.Themes.getCurrentTheme());

System.out.println("Themes = " + org.zkoss.zkplus.theme.Themes.getThemes().length);
for (String theme : org.zkoss.zkplus.theme.Themes.getThemes()){
System.out.println("theme=" + theme);
}

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2012-05-28 12:05:23 +0800

wnederhof gravatar image wnederhof
33 2

Thank you jumroen. It seems though that the problem might be a bug in ZK. When I re-uploaded my project and not give it the name ROOT.war, so it would end up in another directory, it also works in Internet Explorer. So I replaced my ROOT.war with a simple JSP that redirects to my webapp. It is kind of a hack, but at least now it works :)

Cheers

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2012-05-28 01:20:57 +0800

Seen: 89 times

Last updated: May 28 '12

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting