ZK 5.0.10 & Spring Security 3.0.5

asked 2012-03-14 01:53:18 +0800

michaelh gravatar image michaelh
27 1

I am running into a problem obtaining the authentication object from Spring's security context. The interesting thing is I see the authentication details on page views but not during ZK events, such as when a select an item in a list and open a modal window to show details. My modal's composer has logic to dump out the authentication details but is null.

I believe this thread describes what I am experiencing: http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?57988-getAuthentication%28%29-is-null However, their solution to the problem doesn't work with Spring 3.x I'm posting here because this seems more a problem with ZK than with Spring. The problem is ZK events create a new thread and doesn't have any reference to the authentication in spring security. Their solution suggestion that the context needs to be copied into each event thread. My problem is Spring 3.0 has removed the ThreadLocalSecurityContextHolderStrategy class. I cannot find it in the 3.0.x javadocs.

This smalltalk document doesn't appears to support Spring security 2.x and not 3.x: http://books.zkoss.org/wiki/Small_Talks/2010/April/Making_Spring_Security_Work_with_ZK

I've added the following to my zk.xml file and ended up getting class not found on ThreadLocalSecurityContextHolderStrategy

What is ZKs solution for this problem using Spring 3.0? Can anyone from ZK provide updated SmallTalk doc that address ZK 5 with Spring security 3.x in this regard. I'm frustrated with 2 days of getting no where on this problem and I appreciate your suggestions and advice.

Here's my addition to zk.xml:

<listener>
        <description>ThreadLocal Synchronization Listener</description>
        <listener-class>org.zkoss.zkplus.util.ThreadLocalListener</listener-class>
    </listener> 
    <preference>
        <name>ThreadLocal</name>
        <value>org.springframework.security.context.ThreadLocalSecurityContextHolderStrategy=contextHolder</value>
    </preference>

01:50:09,931 ERROR java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.security.context.ThreadLocalSecurityCo
ntextHolderStrategy from BaseClassLoader@4d9e1a6c{VFSClassLoaderPolicy@46d8d043{name=vfszip:/Z:/Servers/jboss-5.1.0.GA/s
erver/default/deploy/app.war/ domain=ClassLoaderDomain@4a906422{name=CSPDomain parentPolicy=BEFORE parent=ClassLoaderDom
ain@628d2280{DefaultDomain}} roots=[MemoryContextHandler@1146159883[path= context=vfsmemory://a482b5d-z29yi2-gzroe1t3-1-
gzrp49ms-9y real=vfsmemory://a482b5d-z29yi2-gzroe1t3-1-gzrp49ms-9y], ZipEntryHandler@580839991[path=csp.war/WEB-INF/clas
ses context=file:/Z:/Servers/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/ real=file:/Z:/Servers/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/d
eploy/app.war/WEB-INF/classes], DelegatingHandler@1864553122[path=app.war/WEB-INF/lib/ArialTTF.jar context=file:/Z:/Serv
ers/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/ real=file:/Z:/Servers/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/csp.war/WEB-INF/lib

delete flag offensive retag edit

4 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2012-03-14 02:34:16 +0800

ashishd gravatar image ashishd flag of Taiwan
1972 6

Hi,
Right, org.springframework.security.context.ThreadLocalSecurityContextHolderStrategy seems to be removed from spring security 3.x onwards. I looked at the SecurityContextHolder javadocs and spring security reference and there seems to be a mode option that you can set. It defaults to ThreadLocal you can expriment with other modes. My best guess is that you could solve your issue with SecurityContextHolder.MODE_INHERITABLETHREADLOCAL Refer here for more details.
Please let us know your findings.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2012-03-14 14:31:15 +0800

michaelh gravatar image michaelh
27 1

HI,

Thanks for the references. I was looking at those docs but things were not connecting with me...until this morning. I thought I share my results in case someone else has the same issue. So here's what I did.

1) I removed the following from my zk.xml

<listener>
        <description>ThreadLocal Synchronization Listener</description>
        <listener-class>org.zkoss.zkplus.util.ThreadLocalListener</listener-class>
    </listener> 
    <preference>
        <name>ThreadLocal</name>
        <value>org.springframework.security.context.ThreadLocalSecurityContextHolderStrategy=contextHolder</value>
    </preference>

2) I added to my applicationContext-security.xml file

<beans:bean id="sysprops"  class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.MethodInvokingFactoryBean">
        <beans:property name="targetClass"> 
            <beans:value>java.lang.System</beans:value>
        </beans:property>
        <beans:property name="targetMethod">
            <beans:value>setProperty</beans:value>
        <beans:property name="arguments">
            <beans:list>
                <beans:value>spring.security.strategy</beans:value>
                <beans:value>MODE_INHERITABLETHREADLOCAL</beans:value>
            </beans:list>
    </beans:bean>

After these changes my code in zul files is working properly. Such as:

<textbox id="someid" value="@{win$composer.person.phone}" maxlength="10" disabled="${sec:isNoneGranted('ROLE_MGR')}"/>

answered 2012-03-15 01:15:13 +0800

ashishd gravatar image ashishd flag of Taiwan
1972 6

Hi michaelh,
Thanks for letting the community know your findings. Much appreciated. We'll update the docs to reflect the change required for spring security 3.x.

answered 2012-04-25 09:56:08 +0800

pepevasc gravatar image pepevasc

I had the same problem, but it was missing the libraries zkspring-core.jar and zkspring-security.jar

Regards
Penicela

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2012-03-14 01:53:18 +0800

Seen: 287 times

Last updated: Apr 25 '12

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting