Null for Path.getComponent().

asked 2011-12-23 13:13:15 +0800

adarshcu gravatar image adarshcu

Hi,

I have an index.zul which has an include component. I give MainIndex.zul as the source page for the include component.

I again have two include components inside MainIndex.zul which are changed dynamically to point to different sources based on certain conditions.

I get a null object when i use path.getComponent for the include components present in MainIndex.zul.

The path given is path.getComponent"//mainIndex/menuWindow/xcontents"); which is exactly the path for include component.

Any pointers as to why this is happening ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2011-12-26 03:47:47 +0800

matthewgo gravatar image matthewgo

updated 2011-12-27 01:22:05 +0800

Hi adarshcu,
Please specify the Include mode as defer, or using Path.getComponent("//indexPageId/includeId/menuWindow/xcontents").

For more infomation please refer to the following link:
http://books.zkoss.org/wiki/ZK_Component_Reference/Essential_Components/Include#Defer

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2011-12-26 10:56:12 +0800

adarshcu gravatar image adarshcu

Hi matthewgo,

I'll look at the example provided there. Thanks. But i got this working as the component was bound to the composer class of the pages that were included dynamically. Still not sure as to why that happened. Need to dig deep on this aspect.

Thanks.

answered 2011-12-27 01:25:32 +0800

matthewgo gravatar image matthewgo

HI adarshcu,
Can you show us a reprodued sample?

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2011-12-23 13:13:15 +0800

Seen: 176 times

Last updated: Dec 27 '11

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting