Intellij IDEA

asked 2011-06-01 04:11:41 +0800

gogson gravatar image gogson
27 2

Hi everyone,

I tried to find out when and if there's going to be ZK plugin for Intellij IDEA, but i couldnt find any answer.
All i found was some voiting by users to make the plugin, but it dates since 2-3 years ago.

Any news about this?
I think this would be a great thing, and ZK would be getting many more customers this way, as well.

Thanks

delete flag offensive retag edit

6 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2011-06-09 11:56:11 +0800

acirasa gravatar image acirasa
48 1

You don't like Eclipse?

It's free...

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2011-06-10 07:28:07 +0800

gogson gravatar image gogson
27 2

I know it's free, but that's least important.

We have all our projects written in Intellij, and these are very big projects, but unfortunatley
we dont like our UI anymore, and fastest way to change it would be using zk. On the other hand,
our developers are using Intellij for years, and to change to eclipse just because of UI is not such a good idea,
and would take time.

Migrating from Inteliij to Eclipse would be degrading, same like migrating from zk to richfaces or mercedes to VW :)

So please ZK guys, at least let us know if you'll be making any Intellj support and when?

answered 2011-06-12 20:59:58 +0800

jumperchen gravatar image jumperchen
3909 2 8
http://jumperchen.blogspo... ZK Team

It's definitely a plus to have an IDE for IntelliJ. However currently we do not have the resource and expert for IntelliJ in our team. If you know any IntelliJ experts who is willing to work on this plugin, maybe we can try to assist him.

answered 2011-06-15 08:59:40 +0800

dis gravatar image dis flag of Switzerland
140 4

Hi

See my comment in
http://www.zkoss.org/forum/listComment/11897

I use this approach and it works perfectly for me.

- dis

answered 2011-06-15 11:15:00 +0800

windeyu gravatar image windeyu flag of United States
288 3

I'm one of those developing ZK in Intellij and would love to see its better integration. Following dis' link, I just put a vote on the IntelliJ feature request:

http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/IDEA-61007

answered 2012-10-29 17:58:09 +0800

rickcr gravatar image rickcr
704 7

I second the vote for an IDEA plugin (and yes I mentioned the feature request using the tracker link for Intellij above.) I don't have time to get into all the reasons I prefer IDEA over Eclipse (and it will do is start a flame war) but every so often I go back and try eclipse and immediately I find reasons why I stick with IDEA.

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2011-06-01 04:11:41 +0800

Seen: 1,567 times

Last updated: Oct 29 '12

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting