Displaying Rich Text in a control similar to a TextBox

asked 2011-02-24 10:37:34 +0800

rcaschultz gravatar image rcaschultz

I am using ZK and am using the inline editor to display forms containing textboxes. In some instances the textbox contains plain text, and in other instances in contains HTML with hyperlinks - but this HTML displays in the text box just as plain text - with all the tags visible.

I want to display the HTML and hyperlinks in a rich manner, rather than as plain text. I could replace all the text boxes with instances of CKEditor, and then they would display properly - but the links are not clickable since the instances of CKeditor are for editing - not for simply displaying.

Is there some form or component that is a rich text box or rich text area that simply displays HTML properly rendered? Or is there some way to configure instances of CKEditor to only render the HTML correctly? I tried setting the ckeditor_config.js to ReadOnly, and it renders properly the HTML properly, but the links are not clickable. When I click a URL it simply shows the properties of the link - and does not execute the link.

Thanks.

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2011-02-24 12:07:07 +0800

mjablonski gravatar image mjablonski
1284 3 5
http://www.jease.org/

Have a look at the HTML component:

http://books.zkoss.org/wiki/ZK%20Component%20Reference/Essential%20Components/Html

Cheers, Maik

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2013-05-24 10:50:12 +0800

abhisekpanda86 gravatar image abhisekpanda86 flag of India
5 2

I am facing the same proble. Any solution?

answered 2013-05-24 11:16:20 +0800

abhisekpanda86 gravatar image abhisekpanda86 flag of India
5 2

updated 2013-05-24 11:19:31 +0800

This is the code,

<textbox readonly="true" id="txt_comment" value="@load(vm.comment)" rows="3"/>

and in viewmodel class I have below method to get the comment data.

public String getComment() { return "[b]This is a comment[/b]";// to display in the forum I use '[]' instead of html tag. Consider "[b]" as html tag bold. }

I want to display the text in bold. But it is displaying just like normal test with html tag.

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2011-02-24 10:37:34 +0800

Seen: 415 times

Last updated: May 24 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting