Some texts can not be found by crawlers

asked 2010-10-11 07:53:44 +0800

kapil4ya gravatar image kapil4ya
172 2

Hi,

We have an important entity in our database, which we want crawlers to find. These database entities are basically displayed on the first page of our application.

So, to enable crawling, I used something like this in the zk.xml as suggested by zk gurus -

<system-config>
		<crawlable>true</crawlable>
</system-config>

The contents of the DB entity, is basically embedded in a ListItem, and hence we a number of these entities grouped in a Listbox.

Now, when I view the page source of the applications page, I don't see the contents of the ListItems, which is very important.

Interesting thing is that I have other Listbox as well on the page, which I can see in the source code of the page, but the contents of the Listbox are static, I mean hardcoded, and don't come from the database.

One other difference is that, the entity Listbox is situated in other zul file, and is included at run time in the parent zul. Code snippet follows -

<borderlayout>
<west>
<div>

// This div contains a Listbox having Listitems, which are hard coded and I can see the contents in the view page source.
</div>

</west>

<center id="searchCenter" flex="true"
					sclass="bordercolor" style="border-left:none">
					<div id="parentDiv" width="100%" height="100%"
						align="left" vflex="true"
						style="overflow:auto; position:relative;">
// This is where, at run time, a component is created (from a separate zul), having Listbox and Listitems, which contains the DB items, and those items don't appear in the source code of the page.
					</div>
				</center>
			</borderlayout>
		</window>
	</window>
</zk>

Hope the explanation is clear.

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-10-11 08:34:01 +0800

Bobzk gravatar image Bobzk
444 1 8

<crawlable>true</crawlable> is ZK EE version only (apparently) but maybe you already know that?

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-10-11 10:28:08 +0800

kapil4ya gravatar image kapil4ya
172 2

Yeah, and I am using EE 5.0.3.

answered 2010-10-11 23:18:23 +0800

TonyQ gravatar image TonyQ
https://www.masterbranch....

updated 2010-10-11 23:21:46 +0800

I have tested for several situation ,

something like to include other zul , set model in composer .

but seems crawable work correctly , could you provide some reproduceable example for it ?

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-10-11 07:53:44 +0800

Seen: 213 times

Last updated: Oct 11 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting