Need to drag and drop Gantt Task to update Gantt Chart online.

asked 2010-07-14 23:34:17 +0800

viralpatel gravatar image viralpatel

I have draw Gantt Chart with different different task, now i need to drag and drop gantt task to update gantt chart. for example i have draw a gantt chart for project management, with include time and project resources(Gantt Task), i need a to drag project resources to the and drop to the another time slot, as per user he drag any resources and put at any where in the Time slot.

So If any body know how this functionality is going to implement in my project then let me.

In advance thanks

delete flag offensive retag edit

6 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-07-20 21:51:13 +0800

henrichen gravatar image henrichen
3869 2
ZK Team

The Gantt Chart in the current Chart implementation based on JFreeChart engine is more a "read only" concept. You provide data to the JFreeChart engine and the engine render the data into an image and pass that back to browser and show it as an "image".

If you need "interactive" operation such as "drag and drop" etc on the Gantt Chart. theoretically, it must be done separately using canvas. We have done some experiment on that and hopefully we can have a more "interactive" chart in the future.

http://docs.zkoss.org/wiki/How_To_Use_Canvas4Z

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-07-20 23:57:27 +0800

Hi,

And Thanks for give me a suggestion for how to implement this concept, now how to implement a zoom in and zoom out functionality.

Like ordinary scheduling done for one month but user want to see a schedule for one or two days so how i can implement this using zoom in and zoom out.

And second thing Detail component is not available in free version, then also i have to use, but i dont know how? can u help me for same.

Thanks.

answered 2010-07-21 03:45:04 +0800

3869 2
ZK Team

http://www.zkoss.org/download/zk.dsp (Free Evaluation Download)

answered 2010-07-21 05:48:58 +0800

updated 2010-07-21 06:53:40 +0800

But the problem is free evaluation can not provide a functionality of Detail control with Grid.

So to implement that type of functionality

answered 2010-07-21 22:56:36 +0800

3869 2
ZK Team

Yes. It is in PE version.

answered 2010-07-22 00:49:05 +0800

But i have to implement, is there any way to implement same functionality?

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-07-14 23:34:17 +0800

Seen: 616 times

Last updated: May 30 '18

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting