Set the contents of one panel, based on the content of another pannel

asked 2010-06-22 12:02:46 +0800

diego898 gravatar image diego898
246 3

Hello all,

I have two pannels sitting side by side. One has a textbox as achild and the other right now has a readonly textbox. I have it so that what you type in the first is automatically placed in the second, using the onchange event. What I need to do, is grab the text from the first textbox, change the color of a line containing a certain character, then place that in the raed only textbox. Whats the best way to accomplish this? Should I remove the textbox from the second pannel and use a div? That way I can setup the .innerdiv property? but if thats the case, I dont know how to progamatically do that.

Thanks!

delete flag offensive retag edit

2 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-06-22 14:40:56 +0800

diego898 gravatar image diego898
246 3

Ive decided to use the html tag which I can then set its content

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-06-24 02:26:41 +0800

Arsen gravatar image Arsen
384 5

Hi, Diego.
You can also use <label id="resultLabel"> tag instead on second readonly panel. And programatically set css style

resultLabel.setStyle(" color:red;");

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-06-22 12:02:46 +0800

Seen: 122 times

Last updated: Jun 24 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting