java heap space

asked 2010-05-17 11:15:02 +0800

aoh gravatar image aoh

I've been doing tests on the memory resources of a web application with zk and found that each time you invoke a memory takes zul page leaving the page never released. If the application is large, with several pages zul with complex components like grid, listbox and surf on the pages is a moment that the Tomcat server is very slow and I saw that java.exe reaches 120 mb, at this time displayed message "java heap space", has a trick or solution?. To verify that there was a problem with what I've done I have developed the same with the demo of the spreadsheet that exists in the zk web and have come to reproduce the same problem. The test can be made by pressing F5 on the page and we see that the java.exe memory increases. The same thing happens every time you enter the site.

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-05-17 11:57:30 +0800

softteam gravatar image softteam
130 1 8

I have the same problem, but I failed to see why it happens, any ideas?

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-05-19 21:53:40 +0800

iantsai gravatar image iantsai
2755 1

There are a lot of things you can do to solve this problem, but first, you need to know what server-centric really means, it means that you are "okay" with putting some Component Trees in each user's session.
And that means you need to manage how large the server side memory you should use comparing to how many user that you'd have and how big your JVM could allocate.

To solve this problem you can:

1. Check your JVM setting about perm space, enlarge it.
2. Do memory usage measurement to every page that you'll have to your user, try to utilize them.
3. Use ZK Server-Client Fusion and ZK Client Side Programming technology to deal with those pages that has the highest page view.

answered 2010-05-27 04:36:35 +0800

softteam gravatar image softteam
130 1 8

Hi iantsai,

I tried to put 512MB of memory on the jvm and seems to work correctly, anyway will try to lighten the server processes. Thanks

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-05-17 11:15:02 +0800

Seen: 524 times

Last updated: May 27 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting