[Feedback] Zkoss website lack of example

asked 2010-03-24 00:24:32 +0800

zuki gravatar image zuki
79 1 1 6

updated 2010-03-24 00:25:52 +0800

Hi Zker,

i think Zk web has few example for most common used in real world. What i see in small talk, mostly is advance technique.
i hope zk owner and community can provide more simple example for beginner and newbie so many people will interested to ZK, Some point i think :

1. Processing Grid,i have asked another member here. i dont need advance technique in small talk (using spring, bean, etc), what i need is just simple grid that get data from database and can do sort multi-column, editable, insert url in each field, do autocomplete search, etc. In php i can find them so easily. i search forum and wiki, but got very lack of samples...

2. ZK has own javadoc about line chart, but it doesnt have simple example for using line chart.

3. and other example as we can see so many in PHP.

i'm suprised at first. How easy build application like VB, but later i got problem in grid and chart (something that most common needed in reporing).

I think it's easy for who has advance skill in Java, but i just newbie to Java and Zk,

Thanks you all...

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-03-24 10:35:33 +0800

asdf018 gravatar image asdf018
18 1 1

I agree with Zuki, even I felt the same and it will be really nice if we have more commonly used in real world examples for starters.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-03-24 13:47:05 +0800

YamilBracho gravatar image YamilBracho
1722 2

yes, it could be hard to start with a framework but step by step you will do what you want ...

Regarding your second question check http://docs.zkoss.org/wiki/Open_Flash_Charts_with_ZK#Available_chart_types because OpenFlash uses one model for three keinds of charts including line chart and it is easier to start with than JFreeCharts

answered 2010-03-25 20:00:47 +0800

samchuang gravatar image samchuang
4084 4

Hi

If your problem is how to display UI, I have some experience.

when I first use ZK, I think the ZK demo is the my No.1 answer, when I have question, I will look similar UI in the ZK demo, and looks at the source code, The ZK demo's code is very simple

Second, you could download ZK demo and install in local, and take a look at http://localhost:8080/zkdemo/test2/, inside this path, you could search for component's example, for example, if you want to look at grid example, in Filter File Name By Tag: , type grid, you could get 100 more example.

Some of example are demo new feature (you could tell from 'F' beginning file name), most of them are fixed bug example (B), all of this example should be work correctly and you could look at it's source code by click the bottom area (click the arrow in the right end side), the test example also very simple

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-03-24 00:24:32 +0800

Seen: 1,187 times

Last updated: Mar 25 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting