Multiple land-addon.xml and i3-label.properties files

asked 2009-09-04 10:13:51 +0800

aros54 gravatar image aros54

Hello.
Some ZK user components are contained in a jar file (say mycomponents.jar) along with the lang-addon.xml file describing them and a i3-label.properties file with some labels used in these components.
In my web application this jar file goes into the /WEB-INF/lib directory. Obviously the web application has it's own properties file and even a lang-addon file for some additional components application specific.
Currently the only way I got to make application working is to extract the files from the mycomponents.jar and merge them with the application ones into two single lang-addon.xml file and i3-label.properties.
It would be nice to have a configuration way to let application use multiple lang-addon and i3-label files.
As far as I know the "language-config/addon-uri" tags of zk.xml allow to configure many lang-addon files. In a similar way I suppose there should be some tags to configure many i3-label.properties files.
However I don't know how to make reference to the lang-addon.xml and i3-label.properties files contained into the mycomponents-jar file that is in /WEB-INF/lib dir.
Probably this issue is related to my lacking of knowledge. Is anybody so kind to help me?
Thanks in advance.

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2009-09-07 10:45:03 +0800

aros54 gravatar image aros54

Looking deeper into documentation and source code I found the answer to my question. I put the file i3-label.properties into a folder named metainfo and the lang-addon.xml into metainfo/zk. The metainfo folder is on the root of mycomponents.jar file.
This let my application work only adding mycomponents.jar to /WEB-INF/lib without any other customization.
At this point I have only one concern remaining, in order to avoid future surprises at release change. Am I using correctly this feature or is there a different and safer way?
Thanks

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-09-04 10:13:51 +0800

Seen: 526 times

Last updated: Sep 07 '09

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting