Which component to use for editable table functionality?

asked 2009-08-27 11:21:36 +0800

baskaraninfo gravatar image baskaraninfo
526 2 2 9

I am using Listbox for read-only table and also using grid for editable table.

Listbox is working as expected for read-only table purpose. But, I can't able to make the listbox values editable by the user.

Hence, I tried grid component. I can able to have the row cells editable, but there are many problems such as listed below:
1, The component is not visible properly, when we set 100% width.
2, We cannot able to have multiline column header.
3, If we set the grid height in %(percentage) values such like 100%, then the scroll bar is not coming and items are truncated from viewing

Please anybody can suggest me, which component is best suited for achieving editable table functionality?

Thanks.

delete flag offensive retag edit

2 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2009-08-27 17:52:00 +0800

jj gravatar image jj
638 3

Did you try ZK Spreadsheet? I haven't, but it looks promising to be used as an editable grid.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2009-08-28 05:26:01 +0800

baskaraninfo gravatar image baskaraninfo
526 2 2 9

updated 2009-08-28 05:27:27 +0800

Thanks jj.

I don't think that we can able to control each and every cells functionality/actions in the spreadsheet. I won't open and save as an individual file. I want to capture and save all these values in the database.

Actually I want to have editable table, which contains Combobox, Label, Checkbox etc., components as its columns.

I had achieved this by using grid component. But, it is having few problems as I mentioned in my previous post.

So, I thought to know, does there anybody who uses grid for editable table.

Thanks.

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-08-27 11:21:36 +0800

Seen: 372 times

Last updated: Aug 28 '09

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting