Window onClose event not detected by new window

asked 2009-04-29 17:38:31 +0800

sumi gravatar image sumi
42 1

updated 2009-04-29 17:40:55 +0800

I have a window A which opens another window B on click of a button .I use Executions.getCurrent.SendRedirect(url,"_blank") to browse to the new window.
This opens the Window B (It belongs to a different page) in a new browser window. This window starts a file transfer when the user clicks on START button.
What I want to do here is that I dont want the user to close the window abruptly, and want to disable the close button of the browser. The user should click on the stop button provided.This would ensure that the file transfer is stopped before the user exits the window.
I have tried to set attribute closable="true" and onClose="event.stopPropogation()" .But this does not work as the window is still getting closed when the browser's close button is clicked.
Could someone please help me out?

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2009-05-04 04:35:37 +0800

robbiecheng gravatar image robbiecheng
1144 2
http://robbiecheng.sys-co...

Hi Sumi,

Your requirement sounds un-realistic. We cannot avoid users from close the window. But you can implement DesktopCleanup to do clean-up if the desktop is no longer available, ex. session-timeout or closed by users.

/robbie

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-04-29 17:38:31 +0800

Seen: 371 times

Last updated: May 04 '09

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting