Cant see the demo ZK application

asked 2009-02-14 16:09:22 +0800

miketelem gravatar image miketelem
3 1

Hi,
I followed the instructions on the step by step tutorial, all went fine but when i start my tomcat (v 6) i cant get to myZK demo app. instead i get this message: "The requested resource (/myZK/) is not available".
The tomcat seems to run fine, the manager applciation works ok and I see the myZK folder as running.

Any assistance will be appriciated

Thank, Mike.

delete flag offensive retag edit

4 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2009-02-16 01:10:15 +0800

iantsai gravatar image iantsai
2755 1

How you deploy your zkdemo archive in Tomcat?

zkdemo is nothing different then a simple Java EE Web application.

If you put your ZK Jars in share folder, please move them back to WEB-INF/lib/

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-03-05 08:36:55 +0800

jasonphos gravatar image jasonphos
66 1 1 1

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I believe I have followed all steps in the quick installation guide, found here: http://zkoss.org/doc/installzk.dsp (Which matches the zk-quickstart-5.0.0.pdf), and the application shows as running in TomCat. However, when I try to go http://localhost:8080/zkdemo/, I get the message "The requested resource (/zkdemo/) is not available."

Is there anything I should check, or anything you can recommend that I can do? The log files in Tomcat don't have anything... I'm not sure what else I can take a look at, to try to figure out why it isn't working.

answered 2010-03-05 09:15:25 +0800

66 1 1 1

Still can't get it to work. Btw, I downloaded the resort demo (Downloaded the .war file), and i dropped that into my Tomcat webapps folder. It loaded just fine, and it runs perfectly.

so there is something wrong with what I am doing to get a demo going from scratch, but I'm not sure what it is. Any pointers? I can try again a different way, or whatever you might suggest...

answered 2010-03-05 10:31:22 +0800

66 1 1 1

nevermind, I apologize. In my haste I had mispelled the url, clicking on the tomcat app and using the url from there showed me the problem. Sorry for the trouble!

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-02-14 16:09:22 +0800

Seen: 1,246 times

Last updated: Mar 05 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting