thoughts about timebox and datebox (and calendar)

asked 2009-02-11 00:09:15 +0800

madruga0315 gravatar image madruga0315 flag of Brazil
937 2 12

Hello zk enthusiasts,

I'm justing exposing some thoughts here.

The first one is that timebox should support seconds. the same way it handles minutes, it can handle seconds. And for backwards compatibility it could be an option like <timebox id=".." seconds="true" />. If seconds is not specified then show just hour and minute.

The second is that the datebox (and calendar) could have an timebox embedded. And again, it could be an option.
It reflects that the Date object have one zk component, and not two (datebox + timebox) that might mess the data if both are binded to the same date object.

I know that I can implement these myself, but I believe that a lot of zk users could take advantage of this features, and of course, Im sure that zk gurus will do a much better job at this than I ever will :)

Best Regards,
Madruga

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2009-02-11 02:48:40 +0800

hideokidd gravatar image hideokidd
750 1 2

updated 2009-02-11 02:49:18 +0800

Hi

You really provided great ideas, I share some feedback which is just personal opnions.

1.It makes sense that timebox should be like a clock in text format. It could be be the next specification of timebox. But maybe the compatibility with old ZK verison is an issue.

2.The combination of datebox and timebox is more convenient than using them separately. I think that creating a new component for this is better than combining them, it's straightforward that datebox for date(form date to year) and timebox for time(from second to hour), respectively. But in Java data type, the type 'calendar' and 'date' both can store all information of time, so we have reason to make datebox adopt more time information, don't forget implemetation issues.

Well, if you really think the feature is necessary and much better than current type, please post it to ZK features to make it real.

Thanks.

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-02-11 00:09:15 +0800

Seen: 432 times

Last updated: Feb 11 '09

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting