zk perfomance

asked 2008-11-06 09:33:20 +0800

ytriffy gravatar image ytriffy

Hello, guys.

I'm new to zk, so I would like to find out is it hungry for computer resources.
Where I study/work it is critical to optimize perfomance because we have poor hardware.

thanks,
Vyacheslav Gonakhchyan

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2008-11-10 07:27:43 +0800

sousa1981 gravatar image sousa1981
573 4

Poor hardware, there is no problem related to ZK, if you are ok to run eclipse + tomcat (or other AS) + JSP

Enjoy,

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2008-11-10 13:52:00 +0800

vix gravatar image vix

Hi,
In my experience Zk has the following bottlenecks:
- Network bandwidth: If you use tomcat, insert some kind of cache filter. Normally tomcat doesn't cache anything and Zk use images for borders and style.
- Network requests: ZK make a lot of request [ depending on you application ] for handling server side events.
- Javascript: IE is slow in handling javascript. Use firefox or super fast google chrome as client.

I've never experienced server side heavy load problems.

Enjoy.

answered 2008-11-28 04:17:31 +0800

robbiecheng gravatar image robbiecheng
1144 2
http://robbiecheng.sys-co...

Hi folks,

Network Bandwidth: For richer user experience and ease of UI customization, ZK framework uses images to layout the UI widget.
Moreover, ZK reduces the number of request for images by introducing single-image polity to represent rich widget.

Network request: It's the nature of Ajax application, if you want responsive and speedy web application, it is in-inevitable to communicate with the server directly to say goodbye to page-based navigation. And ZK framework optimized the number of request by batching mechanism.

JavaScript: It's true that the performance of IE is slower than FF because their ability of processing JavaScript code. It's browser's issue instead of framework. However, ZK framework enables load-on-demand, and live data mechanism to optimize the performance of Web application rendering, and this benefit can be applied on different browsers.

Please feel free to share your idea.

/robbie

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2008-11-06 09:33:20 +0800

Seen: 847 times

Last updated: Nov 28 '08

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting