Client notification on session timeout

asked 2008-10-06 07:57:43 +0800

cvarona gravatar image cvarona
554 1 6

Hi,

I'm trying to tell the users of a zk application when their http session has timed out so that they're aware they must login again. So far they would only realise the situation upon quite unexpectedly comming across the login form when making gestures on some other perfectly normal app form.

I've tried to raise some message box in the body of a session listener. This approach fails, of course, for there is no execution instance the message box can be attached to. I've also tried to create some window with some content on the application's main page, stored in the still live session, but of course I'm told that "components can be accessed only in event listeners".

So I would like to ask whether it's possible perform this kind of notification and if so how are people out there getting around it.

With kind regards

C├ęsar Varona

delete flag offensive retag edit
Be the first one to reply this discussion!
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2008-10-06 07:57:43 +0800

Seen: 249 times

Last updated: Oct 06 '08

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting