Eclipse Autocomplete not working in ZUL files...

asked 2008-09-18 13:53:47 +0800

regDev gravatar image regDev
9 1

I am using Eclipse 3.3 and ZK 3.0.6 as well as ZK Studio 0.8.1 and have been using this configuration successfully for quite some time. Everything was working fine but today I noticed when I attempt to edit ZUL files within Eclipse I no longer get any autocomplete suggestions when I hit Control-Space. I upgraded ZK Studio to 0.8.2 but this did not fix the problem.
I edited my preferences and the File Associations shows that *.zul is associated to the ZUL Editor. I also checked the Web/XML Catalog and there is a user entry in the XML catalog which points to the zul.xsd.
I don't have any ideas how to debug and fix this problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

delete flag offensive retag edit

2 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2008-09-18 18:55:18 +0800

9 1

Is anybody else having this problems with ZK Studio?
I've also noticed that if I right click on a ZUL page and select Properties and then select ZK Properties I get an ERROR which states:
Unable to create the selected property page.
Reason:
org.zkoss..eclipse.setting.ui.properties.ZkStudioPropertyPage

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2008-09-19 02:11:11 +0800

windperson gravatar image windperson
415 1

Hi regDev,
The Zk file properties entry in right-click property menu is a bug:
[ 2118665 ] IDE:An entry in Propertiy Menu of ZUL file cause exception
We'll fix it asap.

as the autocomplete feature, you can check the hotkey binding in Eclipse:http://help.eclipse.org/help33/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/concepts/accessibility/keyboardshortcuts.htm
see if there's any conflict key assignment of Control-Space,
and the other default hotkey to activate the "code assist"(a.k.a: autocomplete function) is Control+/,
you can try if this works.

answered 2008-09-19 15:35:49 +0800

9 1

Thanks Windperson.
This is a very strange problem. Content Assist is working fine in all other file types in that Eclpse Project/Workspace except for within the ZUL Editor!
I ended up reinstalling Eclipse and all of the plug ins. If I open up the same Project/Workspace, the ZUL editor still doesn't auto complete.

However, I built a new Workspace and pulled the project out of SVN. In the new workspace when I edit ZUL files the autocomplete works fine.
So something is corrupted or set incorrectly in the original workspace which is causing ZUL Editor to not do Content Assist.
Very strange. I'd be happy to provide files or check things out if you wish to continue to debug this to save other users from experiencing this problem.
Thanks for the help!

answered 2008-09-23 03:42:00 +0800

windperson gravatar image windperson
415 1

Hi regDev,
You can email the file to [email protected] if you like, thanks.

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2008-09-18 13:53:47 +0800

Seen: 2,051 times

Last updated: Sep 19 '08

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting