Auto scroll listbox or grid

asked 2008-09-12 16:41:02 +0800

Ale gravatar image Ale

Hello,
for my first zk application I would like to make a page that pushes to the users some kind of events happening on a certain server (for example a user logged in, a file downloaded, etc).
I would need some kind of listbox where the newly inserted rows, if inserted on the bottom, scrolls automatically to the end otherwise the user must manually scroll down the list.

I took a look to the chat demo (that is not working fine btw: only the first message is displayed, the others are empty!) but it suffer the same problem: when there are enough messages on the window the scroll bar appears but they don't scroll down automatically and I must manually use the scrollbar to see the last.

Thanks for any help!
Ale

delete flag offensive retag edit

2 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2008-09-17 10:21:47 +0800

ivancheng gravatar image ivancheng

Please post to ZK new feature.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2008-09-17 11:57:37 +0800

dastultz gravatar image dastultz
797 9

I would suggest also that an auto scroll to a specific item would be good: suppose you add an item then sort the list and want to be sure the item just added is visible.

/Daryl

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2008-09-12 16:41:02 +0800

Seen: 454 times

Last updated: Sep 17 '08

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting