Progressbox Problem

asked 2008-07-02 14:56:33 +0800

enixser gravatar image enixser
185 3

I want to position the progressbox not in the upper left corner but centered on the sceen and with a different text. Therefore, I implement a Javascript function Boot_progressbox() as described in the forum. This works fine, except that listboxes on the page appear over the progressbox. How can I change this so that the progressbox is always on top? I know, this is an IE bug, but for the datebox component or the messagebox it works fine. What's the trick to achieve this behavior?

delete flag offensive retag edit

9 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2008-07-03 01:50:42 +0800

jumperchen gravatar image jumperchen
3909 2 8
http://jumperchen.blogspo... ZK Team

Please use the zk.disableAll(); and the zk.restoreDisabled(); by yourself.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2008-07-03 06:45:36 +0800

185 3

Thanks for this hint. I have two questions:

1. zk.disableAll() works, but where do I have to call zk.restoreDisabled() ? Do I have to override another function that is called when the progressbox is closed?

2. Disabling all listboxes is not a very elegant way :-) Better would be that the progressbox hides the underlying listbox without disabling it. How is this done with the datebox component? When I click on its button, the calendar opens perfectly over any listbox. I thought it is not possible due to the mad IE bug, but datebox and messagebox show that it is possible. Can someone of the ZK gurus explain how this is done?

Best regards,
Ralf.

answered 2008-07-03 08:10:58 +0800

3909 2 8

1. If the Boot_progressbox() is called by ZK client engine, you should not call the zk.disableAll() and the zk.restoreDisabled().(They should be called automatically)
Otherwise, you have to handle the both functions yourself.

2. In zk 3.5.0 version, we improve the implementation that we only disable the listbox where the whole page will be masked, something like doModal().
Otherwise, we use a way to prevent the wrong zindex of the listbox, which uses an empty iframe under the overlapped element.

/Jumper

answered 2008-07-03 12:10:28 +0800

185 3

Hi Jumper,

it seems that the zk.disableAll() function is not called. Although, I can see it in the source of au.js, but the listboxes in my page remain visible during the progressbox is shown. When I call zk.disableAll() manually in my Boot_progressbox() all listboxes disappear, but remain invisible after the progressbox disappeared. Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Ralf.

answered 2008-07-04 01:59:14 +0800

3909 2 8

Hi,

Could you provide a simple sample?

Thanks,
Jumper

answered 2008-07-04 08:04:54 +0800

185 3

My implementation of Boot_progressbox is the one described in the thread Positioning the "Loading..." message , except that I modified the content of the DIV element, but I guess that doesn't matter.

Best regards,
Ralf.

answered 2008-07-08 01:08:44 +0800

3909 2 8

Could you tell me what is the scenario you got?

I want to reproduce this issue.

Thanks,
Jumper

answered 2008-07-08 09:56:31 +0800

185 3

The scenario is that the DIV with the "Processing" message appears, but it's overlapped by the listboxes in the page. I modified the DIV so that it appears in the middle of the screen.

I fixed the problem in the meantime with your hint of using an iframe. So I have a working solution now. Maybe other will be interested in this code. Should I post it here in the forum?

Best regards,
Ralf.

answered 2009-07-30 20:58:58 +0800

johnnyright gravatar image johnnyright
78 1

Hi Ralf.

Can you post the code please?

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2008-07-02 14:56:33 +0800

Seen: 461 times

Last updated: Jul 30 '09

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting