0

UTF-8 problems

asked 2007-05-21 12:31:09 +0800

admin gravatar image admin
18691 1 10 129
ZK Team


Orignial message at:
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4322288

By: everin

Is use the Label.getLabel(String id)-method to read all Strings for my Labels from i3-label*.properties. I have stored this file with UTF-8 encoding.

In my zuml page I have specified:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

But it doesnt work, I always gets a ? (FF) instead of an umlaut.

Has anybody an idea whats wrong

Thanks


delete flag offensive retag edit

5 Replies

Sort by » oldest newest

answered 2007-05-21 13:59:52 +0800

admin gravatar image admin
18691 1 10 129
ZK Team


Orignial message at:
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4322428

By: robbiecheng

what kind of language are you going to use?
could you give me a few example words so I could test.
thx

/Robbie

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2007-05-21 14:32:26 +0800

admin gravatar image admin
18691 1 10 129
ZK Team


Orignial message at:
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4322481

By: everin

Test zuml-Page: labels.zul

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tld/web/core.dsp.tld" prefix="c"?>

<window>

<label id = "l1" value="${c:l('label1')}"/> <label id = "l2" value="${c:l('label2')}"/> <label id = "l3" value="${c:l('label3')}"/>

</window>


Properties-file: Locale de_AT

i3-label_de_AT.properties

# de_AT


label1 = Osterreich
label2 = Strase
label3 = Kodierung andern


Thanks

Eveline

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2007-05-22 00:30:43 +0800

admin gravatar image admin
18691 1 10 129
ZK Team


Orignial message at:
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4323519

By: robbiecheng

Hi Evline,
I've tested your word of german_at, but all of them worked well in IE6 and FF.
Did you change the your language preference of your browser or you cann't see them.
To change language preference, please follow this URL
http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-lang-priorities


/Robbie

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2007-05-22 09:01:57 +0800

admin gravatar image admin
18691 1 10 129
ZK Team


Orignial message at:
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4323922

By: everin

I've also checked the language defined at IE6 and FF and it's "de-at".

So it must be the properties-file what's wrong. Now I've deleted this file and create a new one. I really don't know why but now it works.

Thank you for you help

Eveline



link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2013-10-25 10:40:26 +0800

mgabor gravatar image mgabor
1

I have the same problem. There are some legacy files that work fine with Struts, but they don't display text properly in ZK: "L\u00C3\u00B6schen", instead of "Löschen". I use ZK 6.5.2 with Eclipse. I've changed encoding of the old files, because they seem to be encoded with ISO-8859-1. This didn't help.

Please advice! Thank you,

MG

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2007-05-21 12:31:09 +0800

Seen: 220 times

Last updated: Oct 25 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting
  • Outsourcing
Learn More