Where can I find the Zk style sheets?

asked 2019-04-03 05:31:17 +0800

davout gravatar image davout
1435 3 18

Can somebody advise where I can find the ZK style sheets? I’ve been 5hrough all the docs on the ‘Documentation’ section and can’t see any5hing.

delete flag offensive retag edit

5 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-04-05 09:38:11 +0800

cor3000 gravatar image cor3000
6280 2 7

CSS styles are usually a "right-click -> inspect element" away, so it's not hard to figure out which styles are used inside ZK in order to apply them to a static html page if needed.

It's often even simple to guess (if that isn't logical):

textbox -> z-textbox
button -> z-button
label -> z-label

The styles are not obscured and a non-minified version is available as well. We even provide a project to build a custom theme with additional styles using the same less variables allowing for all kinds of customization needs.

If we provided those kind of trivial styles, they might help a few people but easily get in the way of many others.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2019-04-03 15:06:17 +0800

MDuchemin gravatar image MDuchemin
2560 1 6
ZK Team

Hi Davout,

Which stylesheet are you looking for? ZK default stylesheets are packaged separately in theme jars. I'd recommend a look at the documentation on themes here and at the theming and style page here.

Generally speaking, you should be able to make most small update by simply adding an additional CSS stylesheet on top of the existing, without modifying the default theme. If you want to start from the ground up, then I'd recommend looking at the custom theme creation starting from existing themes.

answered 2019-04-03 19:52:47 +0800

1435 3 18

updated 2019-04-03 19:53:49 +0800

This question relates to my other post about how best to output long paragraphs of text (i.e. use the 'html' tag). In my case I have used a mix of 'h4' and 'p' tags as data within a ZUL page 'html' tag.

However, I want to have the text inside my HTML tag use the same fonts/style as found in other ZK controls on the same page. So how/where do find the same styles that have been used for the 'label', 'panel' and 'a' ZUL tags?

answered 2019-04-03 23:10:16 +0800

cor3000 gravatar image cor3000
6280 2 7

usually you simply find the styles applied to an element by right clicking the element in the browser and then "Inspect element". The Developer tools in modern browsers are amazing to figure out which css classes are applied to an element, and which styles they contain. Just try it in case you haven't already. ;)

answered 2019-04-04 01:37:29 +0800

1435 3 18

Thanks...

I followed your advice and found that class="z-label" gets me what I want.

It seems strange that ZK does not surface a list of logical class names that can easily be reused for this type of situation

Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
3 followers

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2019-04-03 05:31:17 +0800

Seen: 21 times

Last updated: Apr 05 '19

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training