Borderlayout north - seems to have gap at top?

asked 2019-03-29 19:24:24 +0800

davout gravatar image davout
1435 3 18

Hi all,

I am returning to ZK programming after a number of years away doing other stuff, and in my first step in building a simple index page with a 'north' borderlayout to show an app logo I'm getting an unexpected vertical alignment issue.

<zk>

<borderlayout width="100%" height="100%" >
    <north height="90px" border="none" >
        <borderlayout width="100%" height="100%" >
            <west border="none" >
                <image src="/image/logo-1.png" width="226px" height="62px" />
            </west>
            <east border="none">
            </east>
        </borderlayout>
    </north>
    <center>
    </center>
</borderlayout>

</zk>

The web UI is showing a vertical gap between the alignment of the image and vertical space set aside for the 'north' area. The image seems to be bottom vertical aligned, so that a white space appears vertically above image. Why?

I've tried various things like putting the image inside a hlayout tag and setting the valign to top, but nothing seems to change the vertical alignment of the image.

Suggestions?

Finally, is there a way to void setting a 'north' height and have it size automatically to fit the image?

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-03-30 15:43:30 +0800

davout gravatar image davout
1435 3 18

Playing around with my ZUL code, I noticed that if I set the wrapping borderlayouts to have a 'vflex=min' then the logo image is centered vertically in a much larger vertical space.

From this I'm inferring that the default 'image' tag has some padding element associated with it, right? If so, how would I change this so that the padding is removed?

By the way, where can I find the default styles that are applied to all ZK tags?

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2019-03-29 19:24:24 +0800

Seen: 4 times

Last updated: Mar 30 '19

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training