is Manual Testing not necessary ? Can we replace Everything with Automation?

asked 2018-11-22 13:57:41 +0800

smitapawar610 gravatar image smitapawar610

Hi all, I am seeking your valuable feedback for this topic .

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2018-11-27 16:41:49 +0800

chillworld gravatar image chillworld flag of Belgium
5367 4 9
https://github.com/chillw...

Can you test everything?

A test can help you check if your code pass.
There are unit testing, integration tests and even GUI testing.
But, how do you check your style on the screen if you change some GUI components?
While everything is possible to test, some tests are more labour intensive then the actual code you need to write.
If a client ask for a specific color for text on a specific place, are you going to write a test for that?
For me automatic test are great, but that I'll rather check really quickly as it will not break the system if the color is wrong.

And on the other hand is your creativity a benefit because tests will trigger the same and the same over and over.
Most people dislike repetition, and tend to make little changes to the test case. Other number, what if I click twice really fast, what happens if I don't enter data there, can I really enter no characters in that intbox,...

So mine personal answer on this :

We just need them both.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2018-11-28 12:06:22 +0800

pranalimane gravatar image pranalimane

No, automation can't completely replace manual. Exploratory cant be done with automation. It can be reduce the repeated tasks and we can use automation when the application is stable. Each and every tool has its own limitations and restrictions like few doesn't support desktop application and operating system etc. to conclude in a word its "impossible".

answered 2018-11-29 14:28:12 +0800

smitapawar610 gravatar image smitapawar610

Thank you for answers.

Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2018-11-22 13:57:41 +0800

Seen: 15 times

Last updated: Nov 29 '18

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training