Package ZK Eclipse Tomcat Project For Deployment

asked 2018-05-16 00:26:21 +0800

ansancle gravatar image ansancle
317 8

GOAL : I want to be able to take the code built using a ZK Eclipse Project using Tomcat and Deploy it to any machine running only Tomcat.

I have a ZK project I created in Eclipse using File->New->Project->Other->ZK Project and tomcat 9.0 is my server. I have written some test code that allows me to set and get data from a zul via java to & from my MySql Database. This all works when running Tomcat via the Eclipse Servers Tab. I want to be able to package and deploy my app to any machine running only tomcat & mysql. I noticed my code is not being built and placed into the ../Program Files/Apache/Tomcat 9.0/webapps/ROOT directory. Instead I found it located under my eclipse workspace in this path :

...\ProjectName\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\wtpwebapps\

I want to be able to build a war file to deploy my app to any machine running tomcat. Is there a way to set that up inside my eclipse/ZK project? Or do I just create a .war manually via file manager & compression? That seems simple enough but I figure there has to be a way via Eclipse/ZK. The idea is any server, which does not have eclipse installed, can run my web app by me simply deploying the .war file to the directory

/tomcat/webapps/ROOT

If this is brutally obvious I apologize

delete flag offensive retag edit
Be the first one to answer this question!
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2018-05-16 00:26:21 +0800

Seen: 1 times

Last updated: May 16