Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

answered 2012-08-09 13:41:09 +0800

vinayakshukre gravatar image vinayakshukre

Hello,

I understand that this thread is 5 year old but I still want to raise my issues related to same topic.

We are trying to evaluate ZK for writing our enterprise application where we want to support 10000 concurrent users. For evaluation purpose, we have written a ZUL page which looks like MS Outlook screen. ( With ZK, I must tell that it was quite easy to develop this page.) This page has components like Grid ( for showing list of emails), accordion menu, tree,many icons, window, labels, textbox, radio buttons, checkboxes used in it. Page is showing 200 rows of emails with 5 columns. We are using StresStimulus extension of Fiddler to hit this web application which is deployed in Tomcat 6.x with min memory 500Mb and max memory 1 GB. We are hitting this URL 5 times in a second and then we have delay of 2 seconds and again hitting URL 5 times. we want to repeat this case 2000 times. Session timeout time is 1 hour. After hitting this URL for 170 times, tomcat went out of memory. This means that only 850 concurrent sessions were created. My web app has no back end data structure so its only ZK component objects those are present in memory. Each session roughly taking around 1Mb memory. This is not acceptable number. So for 10000 users it will require 10 GB memory just for serving UI. We are not using any ZScript and even event thread is disabled. So can you suggest us what is wrong in our code. If you want I can post my ZUL page. Please guide me to minimize this memory footprint. We are using ZK 6.1 nightly build for doing this test with JDK 1.6.

Thanks in advance.

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting
  • Outsourcing
Learn More